Thursday, September 08, 2005

Just for your information – cats rule!
For you humans who like hard data, there has been a recent survey Hartz about Human-Animal bonding. The highlight: 31% of women and 15% of men say they spend more time with their pet than their spouse or significant other. Of course! We are far more entertaining and don’t ask questions you don’t want to answer. We are also better looking with our shiny furs.
The American Veterinary Medical Association found that 54% of all US households own at least one pet and 47% of those owners consider their pets full-fledged family members. You get the point, don’t you?
A BizRate Research study for Shopzilla shows that 56% of the women and 41% of the men surveyed believe that their pets are more affectionate than their partners. Of course! Do humans purr? No! We are also cuter than their partners: 45% of women and 24% of the men think that. Heh, heh – that will teach Brat Pitt and Angelina Jolie!
About 7 in 10 pet owners (68%) say their pets make them happier than their jobs.
I know for a fact that I make my Provider happier than any of those high-tech jobs.
I tried to communicate that she might change careers, and I am happy to inform you that she is trying to get published, so hopefully she will be a fulltime author and cuddle me the whole daylong.
Although I have no complaints about my Provider in general, there is one thing I lack – major pampering in the form of a pet groomer, therapist and psychic. My human claims that I don’t need it, since I am a self-cleaning cat-with-an-attitude.
Pffff – what does she know?! Why does she think that I started this blog?! To work on my anger management of course and to vent my frustrations!

In short, We Cats are the New People and will do for the economy what kids did a decade or so ago.
If you don’t believe me: the American Pet Product Manufacturers Association reports that Americans spent $34.4 billion on their pets in 2004 with expected 2005 expenditures at $35.9 billion.
In case you get any ideas of curtailing our needs: please note that there are more pets than people in the US: 377.8 million pets, 290 million people.
And we cats are willing to hook up with dogs and other Inferior Animals to safeguard our Divine Right to be Pampered.

Quod erat demonstrandum,
Samuel Feles

No comments: