Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Provider wants me to work. She claims that all I do is frolic around the house, sleep, and demand food and hugs. Hello – that’s what being a cat is all about!
But I am a Nice Cat, so I checked the possibilities.
My research dug up one plum job: mouse catcher in the House of Commons in London, UK.
You see, the Members of Parliament are munching all over the place - so mice have quality food droppings. When they saw a little mouse going backwards and forwards – being very brave, very bold and looking extremely healthy, John Barrett, MP for Edinburgh West, proposed to employ cats to take on what they describe as a growing problem with mice. In the motion, they say that it would be "fiscally prudent for the Sergeant at Arms's department to invest in a House of Commons cat to try to tackle this problem.”
The mice didn’t stop there – they were also seen munching on breakfast cereal at the Scottish Parliamentary Offices at George IV Bridge.
It would not be the first time that a feline filled such a sought-after position - Socks, worked at the White House together with Prez Clinton and Humphrey was the PM’s cat at Downing Street.
I only see one problem: my employment contract. I demand catnap breaks (could coincide with the Humans’ tea breaks), meals (I will send my list of preferences) and I need to join a Union. One thing is good about it all – since my Provider is also a lawyer, she can check my labor conditions!

No comments: